Today, got started. Let the rantings commence.
What is the purpose of this blog? What is it about???
- To get people saved. That’s the first one. For people who feel like your life is out of control, or you feel like God is talking to you and you need to get clear on this, or you are in dread fear of Hell.. you’re in the right place. Click on the pages on Salvation. You’ll see pages on how to be saved Biblically. There’ll aslo be some pages on what will not save you. If you see it’s under two categories, (like False Religions and Salvation), it will show what won’t save you contrasted with what will save you.
- To expose False teachers. This is a major concern. I’ll put it this way – I thought I was a Christian for years, until I had to confront myself with the fact there was no evidence of it in my life, and I did get saved. During that period where I had backslidden, I came back to Christianity to find that Christian bookstores now are filled with books of teachers teaching false doctrines and unBiblical things – and there’s no disclaimers in the bookstore to tell you. The Christian bookstore is there to make a profit, not a prophet! They trust you to know enough Bible doctrine to make a knowing decision if someone is a false teacher or not – and let me tell you, I’ve seen so many false teachers prospering that I’ve come to the following conclusions… Most Christians either do not know their Bibles well enough to know what is good, Biblical doctrine – or most people are not saved and do not have the Holy Spirit to guide them in the way of all truth. I’m not trying to be controversial when I say that I lately have come to the conclusions that its about 75% option 2, and 25% option 1. We have entered the days prophesied of in the Bible where apostasy runs rampant, and in which the Lord warned again and again, 4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. 5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. Matthew 24:4-5 (KJV) and 24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Matthew 24:24 (KJV) The Bible commands any teacher of the Bible to “Mark them and avoid them.” By marking for you who is false, or who is compromising and in what area, I can help you to know who to avoid.
- To Teach True Doctrine. It is incumbant upon every Christian to know true doctrine. The Lord is going to answer any complaints at the believer’s Judgment (and I think there won’t be any, really) by responding, “Did I not give you my word? Did I not give you the Holy Spirit to understand that word?” Ity is incumbant upon you to know what good doctrine is. 10 And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews. 11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. 12 Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few. Acts 17:10-12 (KJV) You need to check what I say against the Bible. I am going to make that demand of every Bible teacher you listen to (and I’ll be pointing out where many simply make conscious decisions not to follow the Bible…), so start with me first.
- To Help believers grow as Christians. By knowing what correct doctrine is and incorrect doctrine, you’ll be better able to grow as a Christian by not following false teachers, waste time chasing things that are not profitable for a Christian, and being able to grow in your local Church through knowledge of the word, fellowship among believers of like faith and practice, and also by Christian service within your local church.
- To Answer false religions and cults. There are at least three “denominations” that claim to be Christian that are cults. I’m going to give the definitions of a cult, and contrast them to those religions. Every person caught up in a false religion is doomed to Hell – the Bible makes that abundantly clear. Letting them blindly plunge into Hell without shouting “Stop!” first is the cruelest thing I know of. I will show them that their religion cannot save them, or that their “denomination” is really cultish and not Christian. I have to. I cannot permit them to plunge into Hell without a warning first. The mission of every Christian is that we might “save some.”
- To wake up Christians! It’s utterly astounding to me, that I have watched Godly Christians in the last few years lose all discernment! It, to me, is unbelievable that Christians seem to be sleeping, or at least, sleepwalking. In the ’90’s, when I first thought I was saved, people just seemed to be festering to leave tracts at restaurants with a tip. Or pass them out at bus stops, or on street corners. That has all but ceased. Christians used to teach Biblical things – but have been overcome by some philosophy that sounds logical, but in reality is unBiblical or worldly. 8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. Colossians 2:8 (KJV)
I hope you bookmark this blog, and I hope it has some value to you.
How to use the blog…
- Use the category links. I try to stay on topic for long periods of time, but I may add something later over time on the same subject. For instance, “Canned peaches 24” may be written eight months or more after I initially wrote on the subject of canned peaches, and finished on “Canned Peaches 23”. If you go sequentially, you’ll miss a lot.
- Be Patient, Read the posts. This isn’t a blog about a hobby, or about what I did today on the way to buy a cup of coffee. It’s about contending for the faith, Bible instruction, answering error and apostasy. Just about EVERY blog post will be more than the three paragraph norm. If you’d rather read them at leisure, you can try a free PDF printing plugin (There are many freeware ones) and print them to your hard drive. I do this frequently while going through Christian blogs. Goggle Chrome has a built in plugin to print to PDF. I suppose one of these days I’ll need a 1 terabyte hard drive to host all the PDF’s I’ve printed!
- Be sure to read my statement of faith. That way you know what I believe, right off the bat. Coming soon… once i’m done posting all the old posts online first.
- This is not your blog- its mine. If you don’t agree with what’s written here – go get your own blog. I refuse to take anything down I’ve written. If you don’t like that fact, deal with it. I didn’t invite you here. Go get your own blog and write your own opinions. Say what you like. You have that right in some countries, for now. Although there are a lot of people with agendas to take away that very right in all those countries you can say what you like in! “We can’t have everyone just saying what they feel like, any time they want!” Hillary Clinton, press interview, 2011. “Congress shall make no laws infringing…the right to freedom of speech.” The US Constitution, 1st Amendment
- Right now, I don’t have time for email debates. Should I go full time in the ministry, that may change – it may not. So, if you try to start an email debate, or a page comment debate – right now, that’s not happening. Should that change, I’ll be glad to debate all comers! I enjoy a good debate. I used to win them all the time! But my time to work on this blog is very often limited to days off. If I get involved in a time costly debate, I lose the time to write in this. I’m still finishing up Seminary, and trust me, I still have the Master’s program ahead of me. I don’t see things changing before 2015 in regards to debates. And if I go into the doctorate program, that’ll be at least 2017 before I’ll have time for it!