Okay, I am stumped. What do I write about for a doctoral dissertation?
Yesterday I read through the Doctoral program specifications – no retakes of tests. Minimum passing grade is 75% on a test. Dissertation requires 25 sources quoted at least 3 times.
And I have not a clue what to write about. I’m starting now, because I’ve got my thesis going, and that’s a huge issue right there. At first, I was almost paralyzed on my Thesis, as they required 10 sources quoted 3 times.
So, any suggestions? When I asked what to write about for my thesis, I just had two people click “like”, but no suggestions.
I’ve considered writing on the Bible version issue, since I’ve already done a great deal of research on it. My Seminary does not have the “plagiarism” rule against using your own previously done research (I had no idea until yesterday many seminaries consider that to be plagiarism, as you’re copying yourself!). The important thing is that you simply SHOW YOUR WORK.
Let’s see… some possible ideas are…
- Christ as High Priest in Hebrews
- Christ as Last Adam in Romans
- The Divisions and Functions of Der Taryag Mitzvos in the Old Testament (sorry about the Yiddish – I still mentally resort to that when discussing the 5 books of Moses. Der Taryag Mitzvos is the 613 commandments, and it was how the Lubavitcher Rebbe referred to them, instead of Ha’Taryag Mitzvot, which is Hebrew)
- Textual Criticism, Theological LIberalism and The Bible Version Issue
- Messianic Gentiles and the “one Law” heresy
- Theological errors of Roman Catholicism
- Theological Errors of Jehovah’s Witnesses
- Why 1976-1977 were the greatest years in the 20th century
- Why Creepy Circus Clowns should be outlawed
Okay, I’m degenerating into nonsense now. I almost put down “Effects of the Evangelizing of Asia after Iesu Tokugawa’s Shogunate”, but that’s really showing off what a complete nerd I am.
Seriously, give me some ideas. The first two I’ve done a lot of research on, and they’re crucial Biblical themes – but the number of sources for them falls way below the requirements of 25 sources. LIke, perhaps 3 sources. Leaving me searching vainly for the other 22.
I’m leaning towarads the Bible version issue.
Suggest some topics!!! Please!