According to the Mormon church, everyone is saved – but if you want to achieve exaltation beyond the first level of heaven, you have to do works, and show obedience. That’s the big word in the LDS, obedience.
In other words, you have to finish the work of Christ in order to recieve the blessings of the Father. It’s not too different from salvation by works.
This is always one of the major areas attacked by cults, salvation. Why? If you’re perpetually trying to earn your salvation or your exaltation, then they can just about make any demand on you to keep control of you.
What, then, is the Gospel according to the Bible?
- 15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. 1 Timothy 1:15 (KJV)
- 50 And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace. Luke 7:50 (KJV)
- 42 And Jesus said unto him, Receive thy sight: thy faith hath saved thee. Luke 18:42 (KJV)
- 11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they. Acts 15:11 (KJV)
- 24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Romans 3:24 (KJV)
- 28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. 29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also: 30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith. Romans 3:28-30 (KJV)
- 5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. Romans 4:5 (KJV)
- 16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all, Romans 4:16 (KJV)
- 1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: Romans 5:1 (KJV)
- 30 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith. Romans 9:30 (KJV)
- 4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth. Romans 10:4 (KJV)
- 6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work. Romans 11:6 (KJV)
- 16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. Galatians 2:16 (KJV)
- 21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain. Galatians 2:21 (KJV)
- 5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness. Galatians 3:5-6 (KJV)
- 24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. Galatians 3:24 (KJV)
- 13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Ephesians 1:13 (KJV)
- 8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9 (KJV)
- 9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: Philippians 3:9 (KJV)
- 15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 2 Timothy 3:15 (KJV)
Look these verses up! Read them in context!
Let me explain again how to read the Bible. I did it in the pages for the Catholics and the Jehovah’s Witnesses, I’ll do it for you too. I told you yesterday, but let’s read it again. It’s very complicated, so pay attention:
- It means what it says.
- Read it in context. If you’re unclear on what it means, the context usually explains it. What is the chapter saying?
- The Bible is its own built in dictionary. It will tell you what a word means, usually if you look up the first time the word is used.
- If you find a verse that’s hard to understand, read all the other verses in the Bible that speak on the same subject. You’ll be surprised, but literally the other verses will give you the understanding of what the difficult verse means!
no commentary needed. No extra-biblical sources needed to understand it.
“Wow, that’s too easy!” Well, God made it easy! There’s NEVER been a Biblical example of the word of God being too difficult to understand for the common person, and requiring a special end time apostle to understand it and explain it for everyone else. The parables of Christ are a special case, in that the Lord deliberately concealed the truth from those who were unwilling to be saved. But notice, if you came with repentant heart, He was quick to explain it – “I tell thee, Ye must be born again.”
- 14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. John 4:14 (KJV)
- 26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? John 11:26 (KJV)
- 46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness. John 12:46 (KJV)
- 21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. Acts 2:21 (KJV)
- 43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins. Acts 10:43 (KJV)
- 11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. Romans 10:11 (KJV)
- 13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Romans 10:13 (KJV)
- 23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also. 1 John 2:23 (KJV)
- 15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God. 1 John 4:15 (KJV)
- 1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. 1 John 5:1 (KJV)
- 17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. Revelation 22:17 (KJV)
Salvation by faith is available to all of us, not just a select few. It is not automatic. It is, however, a free gift – all you have to do is ask and accept it! nothing more.
Remember, Jesus Christ – the real Jesus Christ of the Bible (who does not have a brother named Lucifer!) loves Mormons too. And the REAL Jesus Christ warned over and over again of an eternal Hell, whose fires are not quenched, and the torment lasts forever.
If you do not accecpt Him, you will not enter Heaven. You will go to Hell. And it will last forever. Jesus Christ paid the price for you, if you’ll just accept it!