So far we’ve established:
- Jehovah’s Witnesses are not Christians, as two of the cardinal doctrines of Christianity include the Godhood of Jesus Christ and the Trinity.
- The translators of the New World Translation were not “experienced, anointed Christians” as the Watchtower Society claims – but rather untrained, inexperienced Jehovah’s Witnesses
- It would take doctorate degrees in Greek and Hebrew to be qualified to translate the Bible
- According to Ray Franz, only one of the Translators knew any Greek, and no Hebrew
- There is no good reason to withhold the list of the translators of the NWT, and suggest the Watchtower Society has something to hide by concealing the names of the translators.
- Fred Franz, who served on the translating committee of the NWT, was incapable of recognizing a single Hebrew word in court, or even a single Hebrew letter – after claiming under oath he knew both Koine Greek and Hebrew.
- The JW’s rely on the United Bible Society text and Kittel’s BHS Hebrew – for what, I don’t know, since their translators don’t know any Hebrew or Greek
- The oldest Greek texts are actually the Textus Receptus, not the Wescott-Hort The majority of the oldest forms of the manuscripts are actually Textus Receptus
- The earliest of church fathers, living in the time of the apostles until AD 130 all quoted from the Textus Receptus.
- If Vaticanus or Sinaiticus were truly the original Greek, then they wouldn’t quote words or verses that those manuscripts leave out
- The NWT has major inconsistencies compared with the Textus Receptus
- The NWT revealed its bias against the Godhood of the Lord Jesus Christ by forgetting to twist a verse that shows the Lord Jesus Christ willingly received worship, and that some worship Him in vain (Matt. 15:9)
- The usage of “Sheol” in the Old Testament in context means “The abode of the dead”
- Sheol contained both Abraham’s Bosom (Paradise) and Hell, with a great gulf fixed between
- Both the Old and New Testament say that Hell is a place of fire, perpetual torment and burning
- a Grave is cool, and does not torment or burn.
- Luke 16 is a record of fact, and not a parable
- names are never mentioned in parables, but Luke 16 names Abraham and Lazarus
- The rich man in Luke 16 is not named because obviously we don’t need to know who it is.
- Almost every verse in the Bible on Hell is speaking of a literal place of torment and suffering.
- The Lord Jesus Christ is not an Angel
- Angels Are Created beings, hence the terms “sons of God”
- Jesus Christ is eternally God, therefore not a created being, therefore cannot be an Angel.
- The term “Son of God” refers to the relationship between God the Father and God the Son.
- Angels do not permit human beings to worship them – only Fallen angels encourage this.
- The Lord Jesus Christ obviously is not an Angel as He permitted people to worship Him.
- The Lord Jesus Christ stated many times that He was the only way to salvation
- There is no such thing as a small g god in the Bible – only God.
- The Lord Jesus Christ has always existed as God the Son
- Unless you accept and confess that the Lord Jesus Christ is God, you will be condemned to hellfire and eternal suffering forever.
- Salvation By Grace is available to all, according to the Bible
- The Trinity is a Biblical doctrine
- There is no proof the “144,000” were physically descended from Israel
- the British Israelite theory does not account for descent from individual tribes such as Gad, Asher, Benjamin, Issachar, etc.
- The 144,000 must come after the 5th seal. The 144,000 of the Jehovah’s Witnesses come almost a century before the Tribulation.
- It has been more than seven years after member #144,000 joined the Watchtower Society.
- The tribulation must end 7 years after it begins.
- The Temple in Jerusalem has not been rebuilt
- There’s nothing in the Bible about only the 144,000 are saved by grace or may partake of the Lord’s Supper
- The 144,000 must all be male
- The 144,000 must all be virgins. We have no information that the 144,000 Jehovah’s witnesses are all virgins.
- Elijah and Moses must appear in the Tribulation at the same time as the 144,000. Moses and Elijah apparently are quite delayed, as it’s 99 years later and they’ve never shown up.
- Soul Sleep is not Biblical
- The Bible makes a distinction between the soul and the body in death
- We must read all verses on a doctrine to get the correct understanding of the doctrine
- The Bible portrays the souls of the dead aware, speaking, praising God, and the souls of the unsaved pleading, weeping, begging, in torment
- Charles Taze Russell adopted the unbiblcal doctrine of Soul Sleep from Seventh Day Adventists, and from the teachings of Ellen G. White
- The return of the Lord will be visible. Every eye will see Him return in power.
- The Bible does not speak of an investigative judgment. The concept is an unBiblical doctrine.
- God’s Chosen organization is the local church, not the Watchtower Society
- There is nothing in the Bible referring to a select few within a multi-church organization running that organization
- There is nothing in the Bible about the writing of any future book that will equal the Bible.
- The book Jesus Christ supposedly found so perfect that he chose the Watchtower Society because of it, is the Finished Mystery, by Charles Taze Russell – which Jehovah’s Witnesses are not permitted to own or read.
- The Finished Mystery is an embarrassment to the Watchtower society, as it is so fanciful and ridiculous that any Witness that reads it will realize they’ve been lied to and are in a cult.
- The Watchtower Society will not permit you to celebrate Christmas and your birthday, because you’ll end up spending money that could go to them. Stop paying your tithe to them and see what happens.
- The Watchtower Society will not allow you to have back issues of their magazines, tracts, and publications because it will reduce their control over you. Prove me wrong, ask them for copies of all of their back issues of magazines, books and tracts
- You are saved by grace, and not of works, lest any should boast
- Salvation is available to all, not just the 144,000
- We are not saved by works, but by grace
- Anyone who teaches you you are saved by any other Gospel is under a curse
- The Watchtower Society teaches the very opposite of the Bible
- If you do not get saved by being born again, you cannot enter the kingdom of God, and will die in your sins, and will spend eternity in the very Hell whose existence I’ve demonstrated.
6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: 7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. 9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed. 10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ. 11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. 12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ. Galatians 1:6-12 (KJV)
This was where we left off yesterday. Galatians is a VERY important book, as it demonstrates Salvation by Grace.
13 For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews’ religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it: 14 And profited in the Jews’ religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers. 15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother’s womb, and called me by his grace, 16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood: 17 Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus. 18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days. 19 But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord’s brother. 20 Now the things which I write unto you, behold, before God, I lie not. 21 Afterwards I came into the regions of Syria and Cilicia; 22 And was unknown by face unto the churches of Judaea which were in Christ: 23 But they had heard only, That he which persecuted us in times past now preacheth the faith which once he destroyed. 24 And they glorified God in me. Galatians 1:13-24 (KJV)
Don’t skip past the verses – this is why you’re stuck in a cult right now. READ the verses. Ye shall know the Truth, and the truth shall set you free!
Paul is explaining how zealously he was for the law, and against Christianity – that thing you call Christendom. I’ve noticed that Witnesses always make a mental differentiation between Christianity – your word for Jehovah’s Witnesses – and Bible Believing Christianity, which you dub “Christendom”. Like Paul, you stand against those that follow the Bible. Notice that Paul mentions “Grace”! He STOPPED trying to save himself, and instead was born again.
I know, you believe only the 144,000 are saved by grace. Here’s the question: If the 144,000 are the only ones who are saved and will be in heaven… what number was Paul? Did the Watchtower Society count the number of people saved by grace in the New Testament and subtract that number form 144,000? No, because in some passages the number is given as “Many” or “the multitude”. We don’t have that specific number. And I’ve also demonstrated that what the Watchtower Society teaches the 144,000 are and what the Bible teaches they are are completely different things. I’ve also already demonstrated that the 144,000 cannot come until during the Tribulation – and we’re not in the tribulation yet!
Galatians 2 continues with a recounting of Paul’s journeys, and preaching the Gospel. And he found Peter falling back into old habits, refusing to eat with Gentiles because they did not eat kosher food. Paul immediately rebukes Peter.
11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed. 12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision. 13 And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation. 14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews? Galatians 2:11-14 (KJV)
That’s what it says, right? You agree that’s what it means, right?
15 We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, 16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. Galatians 2:15-16 (KJV)
Uh-oh! This says something completely different than what the Watchtower Society says! “A man is not justified by the works of the law”! Do you see those words? REad those words again. What does it say? “A man is not justifiied by the works of the law”.
What then is he saved by, according to the Bible, in the very next half of the verse?
“By the faith of Jesus Christ”.
Note – it’s not Elizabethan English – a quick study of Shakespeare shows that this is a different form of English, which many have taken to describing as Biblical English. “Even” in this kind of context does not mean “Also” but “especially”. When you find a qualifier use of the word “Even”, it is always meaning “especially”.
“Even we have believed in Jesus Christ…” means “especially we who have believed in Jesus Christ.” Read the verse again. It’s important you read your Bible. Not by reading the latest issue of Awake!, but by actually looking it up in your Bible. I’ve already demonstrated MASSIVE translation issues in the New World Translation, so at this point I’d suggest you head to a thrift store and look for a used King James Bible.
“that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by works of the law.” The Bible says we are justified by FAITH, and not WORKS OF THE LAW.
“for by works of the law shall no flesh be justified.” I don’t think I need to explain that verse to you.
Notice what I’m doing here that the Watchtower Society does NOT – I am quoting these verses to you in CONTEXT. Awake! gives you Bible verses taken out of context to reinforce their lessons – I am giving you the complete book, a passage at a time. READ THE BIBLE IN CONTEXT!!!
17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid. 18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. 19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. 20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain. Galatians 2:17-21 (KJV)
What does this mean? Read it. I’m not going to tell you. I want to free your mind by making you READ the Bible, and THINKING.
1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh? 4 Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain. 5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? Galatians 3:1-5 (KJV)
“Who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth…” Well, the answer to that would be the Watchtower Society.
“This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?” The hearing of faith is the answer.
6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness. Galatians 3:6 (KJV)
Abraham was saved by faith. His works are not discussed. Abraham’s works will get him rewards, but that’s it. Abraham was not saved by his own efforts, but by faith.
7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham. 8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed. 9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham. Galatians 3:7-9 (KJV)
These verses mean what they say, just like all of them. READ them.
10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. 11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith. Galatians 3:10-11 (KJV)
Who then is justified by the law, according to Galatians 3:11? “No man is justified by the law.” is what the Bible teaches. “The 144,000 are saved by faith, and the Great Multitude of witnesses are saved by works” teaches the Watchtower Society. The Bible says one thing, the Watchtower Society ALWAYS teaches the opposite.
Isn’t this the spirit of the antichrist, to always teach the opposite of what the Bible teaches? Isn’t this the spirit of the Antichrist, to teach that Jesus is not God, according to 1 John 1:22?
22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. 1 John 2:22 (KJV)
3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. 1 John 4:3 (KJV)
7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. 2 John 1:7 (KJV)
The Watchtower Society is clearly exhibiting the characteristics of the Antichrist, by teaching the opposite of the Bible, and denying the Lord.
12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them. 13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: 14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. 15 Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man’s covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto. 16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ. 17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect. 18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise. Galatians 3:12-18 (KJV)
Read it. Again, the contrast is made between the Law and Faith.
19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator. 20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one. 21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law. Galatians 3:19-21 (KJV)
Don’t skip the verses, saying, “Yes, I’ve read all this.” You wouldn’t be a witness if you had.
22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe. 23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. 24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. 26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise. Galatians 3:22-29 (KJV)
1 Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all; 2 But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father. 3 Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world: 4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, 5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. 6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. 7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ. Galatians 4:1-7 (KJV)
That was the purpose of the law, to teach you you could not be saved by works. Once you accepted Christ, you no longer needed the law. The only problem is, the Watchtower Society and the Governing Body DO NOT want you accepting Christ – because then they lose you, their control over you… and your money.
21 Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law? 22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman. 23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise. 24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar. 25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children. 26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all. 27 For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband. 28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise. 29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now. 30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman. 31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free. Galatians 4:21-31 (KJV)
I did not quote verses 8-20, because they were written to those specifically who attempt to observe Judaism, such as the old Worldwide Church of God, and Messianics. These verses specifically refer to those who observe Jewish festivals. We are beyond those festivals now, as we are freed from the law through faith.
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. 2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing. 3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law. 4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. Galatians 5:1-4 (KJV)
In this case, Witnesses are not specifically practicing Jewish law to be saved. However, you are attempting to earn your salvation, which it is impossible to do.
5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith. 6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love. Galatians 5:5-6 (KJV)
Again, here the Bible teaches us it is faith that saves us.
Question – did you see ANY reference to the 144,000 in these passages? No. Salvation by faith is available to every man!
7 Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth? 8 This persuasion cometh not of him that calleth you. Galatians 5:7-8 (KJV)
Is the Bible saying that whoever is teaching you salvation by works is not of Jesus Christ? That’s exactly what it’s saying. Anyone who teaches this is not saved. How can an organization run by unSaved men possibly be giving you newer, clearer light? ….unless the light they refer to is Lucis in Latin – Lucifer.
9 A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump. 10 I have confidence in you through the Lord, that ye will be none otherwise minded: but he that troubleth you shall bear his judgment, whosoever he be. 11 And I, brethren, if I yet preach circumcision, why do I yet suffer persecution? then is the offence of the cross ceased. 12 I would they were even cut off which trouble you. 13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another. 14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another. 16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. 18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law. Galatians 5:9-18 (KJV)
Read the last verse again… “Ye are not under the law.”
We come now to the last chapter of Galatians.
13 For neither they themselves who are circumcised keep the law; but desire to have you circumcised, that they may glory in your flesh. 14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world. 15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature. 16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God. 17 From henceforth let no man trouble me: for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus. 18 Brethren, the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen. Galatians 6:13-18 (KJV)
Verses 1-12 are not quoted, as they are for the saved. If you are following the law, you are not saved. Get saved, then read verses 1-12. Matter of fact, read them now, in your Bible, and be aware those gentle verses are your marching orders after salvation:
2 Bear ye one another’s burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ. Galatians 6:2 (KJV)
- Jehovah’s Witnesses 16 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- Jehovah’s Witnesses responses so far (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- Jehovah’s Witnesses Answered 17 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- Jehovah’s Witnesses Answered 13 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- Jehovah’s Witnesses Answered 12 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- Jehovah’s Witnesses Answered 5 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- Jehovah’s Witnesses Answered 15 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- Jehovah’s Witnesses Answered 14 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- Jehovah’s Witnessese Answered 3 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- Jehovah’s Witnesses Examined 11 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)