So far we’ve established:
- Jehovah’s Witnesses are not Christians, as two of the cardinal doctrines of Christianity include the Godhood of Jesus Christ and the Trinity.
- The translators of the New World Translation were not “experienced, anointed Christians” as the Watchtower Society claims – but rather untrained, inexperienced Jehovah’s Witnesses
- It would take doctorate degrees in Greek and Hebrew to be qualified to translate the Bible
- According to Ray Franz, only one of the Translators knew any Greek, and no Hebrew
- There is no good reason to withhold the list of the translators of the NWT, and suggest the Watchtower Society has something to hide by concealing the names of the translators.
- Fred Franz, who served on the translating committee of the NWT, was incapable of recognizing a single Hebrew word in court, or even a single Hebrew letter – after claiming under oath he knew both Koine Greek and Hebrew.
- The JW’s rely on the United Bible Society text and Kittel’s BHS Hebrew – for what, I don’t know, since their translators don’t know any Hebrew or Greek
- The oldest Greek texts are actually the Textus Receptus, not the Wescott-Hort The majority of the oldest forms of the manuscripts are actually Textus Receptus
- The earliest of church fathers, living in the time of the apostles until AD 130 all quoted from the Textus Receptus.
- If Vaticanus or Sinaiticus were truly the original Greek, then they wouldn’t quote words or verses that those manuscripts leave out
- The NWT has major inconsistencies compared with the Textus Receptus
- The NWT revealed its bias against the Godhood of the Lord Jesus Christ by forgetting to twist a verse that shows the Lord Jesus Christ willingly received worship, and that some worship Him in vain (Matt. 15:9)
- The usage of “Sheol” in the Old Testament in context means “The abode of the dead”
- Sheol contained both Abraham’s Bosom (Paradise) and Hell, with a great gulf fixed between
- Both the Old and New Testament say that Hell is a place of fire, perpetual torment and burning
- a Grave is cool, and does not torment or burn.
- Luke 16 is a record of fact, and not a parable
- names are never mentioned in parables, but Luke 16 names Abraham and Lazarus
- The rich man in Luke 16 is not named because obviously we don’t need to know who it is.
- Almost every verse in the Bible on Hell is speaking of a literal place of torment and suffering.
- The Lord Jesus Christ is not an Angel
- Angels Are Created beings, hence the terms “sons of God”
- Jesus Christ is eternally God, therefore not a created being, therefore cannot be an Angel.
- The term “Son of God” refers to the relationship between God the Father and God the Son.
- Angels do not permit human beings to worship them – only Fallen angels encourage this.
- The Lord Jesus Christ obviously is not an Angel as He permitted people to worship Him.
- The Lord Jesus Christ stated many times that He was the only way to salvation
- There is no such thing as a small g god in the Bible – only God.
- The Lord Jesus Christ has always existed as God the Son
- Unless you accept and confess that the Lord Jesus Christ is God, you will be condemned to hellfire and eternal suffering forever.
- Salvation By Grace is available to all, according to the Bible
- The Trinity is a Biblical doctrine
- There is no proof the “144,000” were physically descended from Israel
- the British Israelite theory does not account for descent from individual tribes such as Gad, Asher, Benjamin, Issachar, etc.
- The 144,000 must come after the 5th seal. The 144,000 of the Jehovah’s Witnesses come almost a century before the Tribulation.
- It has been more than seven years after member #144,000 joined the Watchtower Society.
- The tribulation must end 7 years after it begins.
- The Temple in Jerusalem has not been rebuilt
- There’s nothing in the Bible about only the 144,000 are saved by grace or may partake of the Lord’s Supper
- The 144,000 must all be male
- The 144,000 must all be virgins. We have no information that the 144,000 Jehovah’s witnesses are all virgins.
- Elijah and Moses must appear in the Tribulation at the same time as the 144,000. Moses and Elijah apparently are quite delayed, as it’s 99 years later and they’ve never shown up.
- Soul Sleep is not Biblical
- The Bible makes a distinction between the soul and the body in death
- We must read all verses on a doctrine to get the correct understanding of the doctrine
- The Bible portrays the souls of the dead aware, speaking, praising God, and the souls of the unsaved pleading, weeping, begging, in torment
- Charles Taze Russell adopted the unbiblcal doctrine of Soul Sleep from Seventh Day Adventists, and from the teachings of Ellen G. White
- The return of the Lord will be visible. Every eye will see Him return in power.
- The Bible does not speak of an investigative judgment. The concept is an unBiblical doctrine.
- God’s Chosen organization is the local church, not the Watchtower Society
- There is nothing in the Bible referring to a select few within a multi-church organization running that organization
- There is nothing in the Bible about the writing of any future book that will equal the Bible.
- The book Jesus Christ supposedly found so perfect that he chose the Watchtower Society because of it, is the Finished Mystery, by Charles Taze Russell – which Jehovah’s Witnesses are not permitted to own or read.
- The Finished Mystery is an embarrassment to the Watchtower society, as it is so fanciful and ridiculous that any Witness that reads it will realize they’ve been lied to and are in a cult.
- The Watchtower Society will not permit you to celebrate Christmas and your birthday, because you’ll end up spending money that could go to them. Stop paying your tithe to them and see what happens.
- The Watchtower Society will not allow you to have back issues of their magazines, tracts, and publications because it will reduce their control over you. Prove me wrong, ask them for copies of all of their back issues of magazines, books and tracts
- You are saved by grace, and not of works, lest any should boast
- Salvation is available to all, not just the 144,000
This is the difficult part for you. It’s you and God right now. You’re reading this, and nobody knows except the LORD. So, it’s time to get real. You know you doubt the Watchtower Society, and I’ve planted some even bigger doubts in your head. It’s time to start seeking God and praying for truth. Because
31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. John 8:31-32 (KJV)
If you’ve made it this far, you’ve shown that you are listening to the voice of Jehovah. The Lord did not want you to continue blindly following a cult – yes, a cult – but instead, the LORD loves you enough to want you to be saved, and to live in heaven with Him.
I know, that’s a trigger statement. I’m going to prove that very soon, but I have to nail down this “salvation by works” heresy. It’s the most common soteriology error there is – every cult and false religion makes it a cardinal doctrine that you must earn your salvation. I’m going to start with logic, then turn to the Bible.
If your sins separate you from God, how are you going to overcome that? What work will you do to remove that sin? The sin is on you, and can be removed only through blood.
22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission. Hebrews 9:22 (KJV)
Judaism at least has the Temple to look forward to – how are the sins of the Jehovah’s Witness removed? You aren’t born again, and you haven’t made Jesus Christ your Lord and saviour. You’ve been taught to SAY that to hoodwink uneducated Christians, but you haven’t, and you know it. The Bible SAYS you must be born again – the Watchtower Society says you can’t – that doesn’t apply to you. Who do you believe, Jehovah or the Watchtower Society?
So you’re still in your sins. If you are not saved, your sins are still on you, and Jesus Christ says in the Bible that “Ye will die in your sins”.
24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins. John 8:24 (KJV)
How are you going, according to the Bible, remove your sins?
The Watchtower Society doesn’t have the answer. They tell you it’s not for you to be born again (the Bible says differently), and the Bible makes it clear that if you are not born again, you will die in your sins. I’ve already proved that Hell is real, and a biblical doctrine. So, that is what you’re facing, if you die in your sins.
Your sins separate you from God. There’s no way to overcome that without sacrifice and blood. Only the blood of Jesus can purge your sins. You’re taught it’s not for you to be born again. And unless you do get born again, you will die in your sins, and enter Hell for all eternity.
Think LOGICALLY – would Jehovah lie, by writing a Bible, and making it say something the opposite of what the Watchtower Society says if they had the truth? I’ve already proved there is NOTHING about the Watchtower Society or the Governing Body in the Scriptures! NOTHING.
Here’s the truth, and I’ve said it before. The Watchtower Society is lying to you. Charles Taze Russell lied to you, Rutherford lied to you, and Knorr lied to you.
This is what the Bible, which you agree is the inspired, preserved word of the Lord Jehovah God, says about salvation by works:
6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: 7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. 9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed. Galatians 1:6-9 (KJV)
Let him be accursed! That, so that you know, is Russell, Knorr, Rutherford, and all the other leaders of the Watchtower Society. They are going through (or facing, for those still alive) worse punishment in Hell than you will, but you’ll be there together unless you get saved. And amazingly, the Watchtower Society has indoctrinated you AGAINST the very thing that can save you!
10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ. 11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. 12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ. Galatians 1:10-12 (KJV)
Bottom line. Refute that. You can’t, it’s what the Watchtower Society teaches. The Bible is the inspired, preserved word of God. The Gospel is not after men, but of God, revealed by the Lord Jesus Christ to Paul.
The Bible says the Lord Jesus Christ is God, and I’ve proved that.
The Watchtower Society teaches that their Jesus is the Archangel Michael, and all they provide is proof texts, taken out of context. When you knock on my door, you tell me that you can prove all things from the Bible. Yet you don’t believe that, so you’re lying to me, AND to yourself.
STOP. Think. The Watchtower Society doesn’t like you to think. You have to hold allegiance to them! Yet, I’m telling you, hold allegiance not to me, not to any Baptist church, but only to the Lord your God! They don’t like you to think. I’m telling you to think.
Tomorrow, we’re going through a brief study on the Book of Galatians. If you turn away from this opportunity, you may never get another.
- Jehovah’s Witnesses 16 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- Jehovah’s Witnesses Answered 17 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- Jehovah’s Witnesses Answered 14 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- Jehovah’s Witnesses Answered 13 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- Jehovah’s Witnesses responses so far (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- Jehovah’s Witnesses Answered 15 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- Jehovah’s Witnessese Answered 3 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- Jehovah’s Witnesses Answered 12 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- Jehovah’s Witnesses Answered 5 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)