So far we’ve established:
- Jehovah’s Witnesses are not Christians, as two of the cardinal doctrines of Christianity include the Godhood of Jesus Christ and the Trinity.
- The translators of the New World Translation were not “experienced, anointed Christians” as the Watchtower Society claims – but rather untrained, inexperienced Jehovah’s Witnesses
- It would take doctorate degrees in Greek and Hebrew to be qualified to translate the Bible
- According to Ray Franz, only one of the Translators knew any Greek, and no Hebrew
- There is no good reason to withhold the list of the translators of the NWT, and suggest the Watchtower Society has something to hide by concealing the names of the translators.
- Fred Franz, who served on the translating committee of the NWT, was incapable of recognizing a single Hebrew word in court, or even a single Hebrew letter – after claiming under oath he knew both Koine Greek and Hebrew.
- The JW’s rely on the United Bible Society text and Kittel’s BHS Hebrew – for what, I don’t know, since their translators don’t know any Hebrew or Greek
- The oldest Greek texts are actually the Textus Receptus, not the Wescott-Hort The majority of the oldest forms of the manuscripts are actually Textus Receptus
- The earliest of church fathers, living in the time of the apostles until AD 130 all quoted from the Textus Receptus.
- If Vaticanus or Sinaiticus were truly the original Greek, then they wouldn’t quote words or verses that those manuscripts leave out
- The NWT has major inconsistancies compared with the Textus Receptus
- The NWT revealed its bias against the Godhood of the Lord Jesus Christ by forgetting to twist a verse that shows the Lord Jesus Christ willingly received worship, and that some worship Him in vain (Matt. 15:9)
- The usage of “Sheol” in the Old Testament in context means “The abode of the dead”
- Sheol contained both Abraham’s Bosom (Paradise) and Hell, with a great gulf fixed between
- Both the Old and New Testament say that Hell is a place of fire, perpetual torment and burning
- a Grave is cool, and does not torment or burn.
- Luke 16 is a record of fact, and not a parable
- names are never mentioned in parables, but Luke 16 names Abraham and Lazarus
- The rich man in Luke 16 is not named because obviously we don’t need to know who it is.
- Almost every verse in the Bible on Hell is speaking of a literal place of torment and suffering.
- The Lord Jesus Christ is not an Angel
- Angels Are Created beings, hence the terms “sons of God”
- Jesus Christ is eternally God, therefore not a created being, therefore cannto be an Angel.
- The term “Son of God” refers to the relationship between God the Father and God the Son.
- Angels do not permit human beings to worship them – only Fallen angels encourage this.
- The Lord Jesus Christ obviously is not an Angel as He permitted people to worship Him.
- The Lord Jesus Christ stated many times that He was the only way to salvation
- There is no such thing as a small g god in the Bible – only God.
- The Lord Jesus Christ has always existed as God the Son
- Unless you accept and confess that the Lord Jesus Christ is God, you will be condemned to hellfire and eternal suffering forever.
- Salvation By Grace is available to all, according to the Bible
- The Trinity is a Biblical doctrine
- There is no proof the “144,000” were physically descended from Israel
- the British Israelite theory does not account for descent from individual tribes such as Gad, Asher, Benjamin, Issachar, etc.
- The 144,000 must come after the 5th seal. The 144,000 of the Jehovah’s Witnesses come almost a century before the Tribulation.
- It has been more than seven years after member #144,000 joined the Watchtower Society.
- The tribulation must end 7 years after it begins.
- The Temple in Jerusalem has not been rebuilt
- There’s nothing in the Bible about only the 144,000 are saved by grace or may partake of the Lord’s Supper
- The 144,000 must all be male
- The 144,000 must all be virgins. We have no information that the 144,000 Jehovah’s witnesses are all virgins.
- Elijah and Moses must appear in the Tribulation at the same time as the 144,000. Moses and Elijah apparently are quite delayed, as it’s 99 years later and they’ve never shown up.
- Soul Sleep is not Biblical
- The Bible makes a distinction between the soul and the body in death
- We must read all verses on a doctrine to get the correct understanding of the doctrine
- The Bible portrays the souls of the dead aware, speaking, praising God, and the souls of the unsaved pleading, weeping, begging, in torment
- Charles Taze Russell adopted the unbiblcal doctrine of Soul Sleep from Seventh Day Adventists, and from the teachings of Ellen G. White
- The return of the Lord will be visible. Every eye will see Him return in power.
- The Bible does not speak of an investigative judgment. The concept is an unBiblical doctrine.
- God’s Chosen organization is the local church, not the Watchtower Society
- There is nothing in the Bible referring to a select few within a multi-church organization running that organization
- There is nothing in the Bible about the writing of any future book that will equal the Bible.
- The book Jesus Christ supposedly found so perfect that he chose the Watchtower Society because of it, is the Finished Mystery, by Charles Taze Russell – which Jehovah’s Witnesses are not permitted to own or read.
- The Finished Mystery is an embarassment to the Watchtower society, as it is so fanciful and ridiculous that any Witness that reads it will realize they’ve been lied to and are in a cult.
- The Watchtower Society will not permit you to celebrate Christmas and your birthday, because you’ll end up spending money that could go to them. Stop paying your tithe to them and see what happens.
- The Watchtower Society will not allow you to have back issues of their magazines, tracts, and publications because it will reduce their control over you. Prove me wrong, ask them for copies of all of their back issues of magazines, books and tracts
By now, you’ve realized, I am making a major distinction between the organization that enslaves you, and you. You’re just the pawn, the person they’ve duped. i’m trying to free you and get you saved. notice in the last two or three posts I’ve continually asked you to think for yourself!!! Does the Watchtower Society encourage you to think for yourself?
What is the Gospel? That’s the question today. What does the Watchtower Society teach is the Gospel? How are you saved?
According to the Watchtower Society, you must earn your salvation, through works.
This is always one of the major areas attacked by cults, salvation. Why? If you’re perpetually trying to earn your salvation, then they can just about make any demand on you to keep control of you.
What, then, is the Gospel according to the Bible?
15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. 1 Timothy 1:15 (KJV)
50 And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace. Luke 7:50 (KJV)
42 And Jesus said unto him, Receive thy sight: thy faith hath saved thee. Luke 18:42 (KJV)
11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they. Acts 15:11 (KJV)
24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Romans 3:24 (KJV)
28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. 29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also: 30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith. Romans 3:28-30 (KJV)
5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. Romans 4:5 (KJV)
16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all, Romans 4:16 (KJV)
1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: Romans 5:1 (KJV)
30 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith. Romans 9:30 (KJV)
4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth. Romans 10:4 (KJV)
6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work. Romans 11:6 (KJV)
16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. Galatians 2:16 (KJV)
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain. Galatians 2:21 (KJV)
5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness. Galatians 3:5-6 (KJV)
24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. Galatians 3:24 (KJV)
13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Ephesians 1:13 (KJV)
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9 (KJV)
9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: Philippians 3:9 (KJV)
15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 2 Timothy 3:15 (KJV)
Look these verses up! Read them in context!
Let me explain how to read the Bible. I did it in the pages for the Catholics, I’ll do it for you too. It’s very complicated, so pay attention:
- It means what it says.
- Read it in context. If you’re unclear on what it means, the context usually explains it. What is the chapter saying?
- The Bible is its own built in dictionary. It will tell you what a word means, usually if you look up the first time the word is used.
- If you find a verse that’s hard to understand, read all the other verses in the Bible that speak on the same subject. You’ll be surprised, but literally the other verses will give you the understanding of what the difficult verse means!
no commentary needed. No extra-biblical sources needed to understand it.
“Wow, that’s too easy!” Well, God made it easy! There’s NEVER been a Biblical example of the word of God being too difficult to understand for the common person, and requiring a special end time apostle to understand it and explain it for everyone else. The parables of Christ are a special case, in that the Lord deliberately concealed the truth from those who were unwilling to be saved. But notice, if you came with repentant heart, He was quick to explain it – “I tell thee, Ye must be born again.”
14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. John 4:14 (KJV)
26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? John 11:26 (KJV)
46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness. John 12:46 (KJV)
21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. Acts 2:21 (KJV)
43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins. Acts 10:43 (KJV)
11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. Romans 10:11 (KJV)
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Romans 10:13 (KJV)
23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also. 1 John 2:23 (KJV)
15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God. 1 John 4:15 (KJV)
1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. 1 John 5:1 (KJV)
17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. Revelation 22:17 (KJV)
Salvation by faith is available to all of us, not just a select few – and I think we dealt with that in depth on the post on the 144,000.
Salvation cannot be earned. Ask yourself, “Why did Jesus die?” I keep coming back to this issue, because this is the crucial issue that everything hangs on.
- Jehovah’s Witnesses Answered 4 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- Jehovah’s Witnesses Answered 6 – Hell (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- Jehovah’s Witnesses Answered 5 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- Jehovah’s Witnesses Answered 8 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- Jehovah’s Witnessese Answered 3 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- Jehovah’s Witnesses Examined 11 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- Jehovah’s Witnesses Answered 10 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- Jehovah’s Witnesses Answered 12 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- Jehovah’s Witnesses Answered 13 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)