So far we’ve established:
- Jehovah’s Witnesses are not Christians, as two of the cardinal doctrines of Christianity include the Godhood of Jesus Christ and the Trinity.
- The translators of the New World Translation were not “experienced, anointed Christians” as the Watchtower Society claims – but rather untrained, inexperienced Jehovah’s Witnesses
- It would take doctorate degrees in Greek and Hebrew to be qualified to translate the Bible
- According to Ray Franz, only one of the Translators knew any Greek, and no Hebrew
- There is no good reason to withhold the list of the translators of the NWT, and suggest the Watchtower Society has something to hide by concealing the names of the translators.
- Fred Franz, who served on the translating committee of the NWT, was incapable of recognizing a single Hebrew word in court, or even a single Hebrew letter – after claiming under oath he knew both Koine Greek and Hebrew.
- The JW’s rely on the United Bible Society text and Kittel’s BHS Hebrew – for what, I don’t know, since their translators don’t know any Hebrew or Greek
- The oldest Greek texts are actually the Textus Receptus, not the Wescott-Hort The majority of the oldest forms of the manuscripts are actually Textus Receptus
- The earliest of church fathers, living in the time of the apostles until AD 130 all quoted from the Textus Receptus.
- If Vaticanus or Sinaiticus were truly the original Greek, then they wouldn’t quote words or verses that those manuscripts leave out
- The NWT has major inconsistancies compared with the Textus Receptus
- The NWT revealed its bias against the Godhood of the Lord Jesus Christ by forgetting to twist a verse that shows the Lord Jesus Christ willingly received worship, and that some worship Him in vain (Matt. 15:9)
- The usage of “Sheol” in the Old Testament in context means “The abode of the dead”
- Sheol contained both Abraham’s Bosom (Paradise) and Hell, with a great gulf fixed between
- Both the Old and New Testament say that Hell is a place of fire, perpetual torment and burning
- a Grave is cool, and does not torment or burn.
- Luke 16 is a record of fact, and not a parable
- names are never mentioned in parables, but Luke 16 names Abraham and Lazarus
- The rich man in Luke 16 is not named because obviously we don’t need to know who it is.
- Almost every verse in the Bible on Hell is speaking of a literal place of torment and suffering.
- The Lord Jesus Christ is not an Angel
- Angels Are Created beings, hence the terms “sons of God”
- Jesus Christ is eternally God, therefore not a created being, therefore cannto be an Angel.
- The term “Son of God” refers to the relationship between God the Father and God the Son.
- Angels do not permit human beings to worship them – only Fallen angels encourage this.
- The Lord Jesus Christ obviously is not an Angel as He permitted people to worship Him.
- The Lord Jesus Christ stated many times that He was the only way to salvation
- There is no such thing as a small g god in the Bible – only God.
- The Lord Jesus Christ has always existed as God the Son
- Unless you accept and confess that the Lord Jesus Christ is God, you will be condemned to hellfire and eternal suffering forever.
- Salvation By Grace is available to all, according to the Bible
- The Trinity is a Biblical doctrine
- There is no proof the “144,000” were physically descended from Israel
- the British Israelite theory does not account for descent from individual tribes such as Gad, Asher, Benjamin, Issachar, etc.
- The 144,000 must come after the 5th seal. The 144,000 of the Jehovah’s Witnesses come almost a century before the Tribulation.
- It has been more than seven years after member #144,000 joined the Watchtower Society.
- The tribulation must end 7 years after it begins.
- The Temple in Jerusalem has not been rebuilt
- There’s nothing in the Bible about only the 144,000 are saved by grace or may partake of the Lord’s Supper
- The 144,000 must all be male
- The 144,000 must all be virgins. We have no information that the 144,000 Jehovah’s witnesses are all virgins.
- Elijah and Moses must appear in the Tribulation at the same time as the 144,000. Moses and Elijah apparently are quite delayed, as it’s 99 years later and they’ve never shown up.
- Soul Sleep is not Biblical
- The Bible makes a distinction between the soul and the body in death
- We must read all verses on a doctrine to get the correct understanding of the doctrine
- The Bible portrays the souls of the dead aware, speaking, praising God, and the souls of the unsaved pleading, weeping, begging, in torment
- Charles Taze Russell adopted the unbiblcal doctrine of Soul Sleep from Seventh Day Adventists, and from the teachings of Ellen G. White
- The return of the Lord will be visible. Every eye will see Him return in power.
- The Bible does not speak of an investigative judgment. The concept is an unBiblical doctrine.
- God’s Chosen organization is the local church, not the Watchtower Society
- There is nothing in the Bible referring to a select few within a multi-church organization running that organization
- There is nothing in the Bible about the writing of any future book that will equal the Bible.
- The book Jesus Christ supposedly found so perfect that he chose the Watchtower Society because of it, is the Finished Mystery, by Charles Taze Russell – which Jehovah’s Witnesses are not permitted to own or read.
- The Finished Mystery is an embarassment to the Watchtower society, as it is so fanciful and ridiculous that any Witness that reads it will realize they’ve been lied to and are in a cult.
Cintinuing on, let’s examine the next question we must ask. This is one the Watchtower society will squirm over. It’s been over 130 years of the Watchtower Society. In that time, assuming that there was only one publication per month (it wasn’t – there have been countless thousands of publications made by the Watchtower Society), we would postulate there are 1,560 back issues of the Watchtower Society’s magazine.
If Witnesses are not permitted to read their Bible – that’s right, permitted – without the help and assist of the Watchtower Society publications, why hasn’t some zealous Jehovah’s Witness collected all the back issues of all the pamphlets, tracts, books, mazagines, and videos, and compiled an in-depth Bible commentary using these materials?
Answer – they don’t want you reading some back issues.
Why? Because sometimes the Watchtower society changes the doctrines a little. In that way, they can keep you under control. It’s all about the control, and the money.
That’s why you aren’t permitted to have birthdays and Christmas – it might take up money that could be going to the Watchtower Society.
That’s why you’re not permitted to read the Bible without the Watchtower Society’s materials – especially the King James Bible – because you might learn to think on your own again. They’d then lose control over you, and you and your money might go someplace else. Like to a real church. And you might get saved, which means you’d be forever out of their grasp.
If the Watchtower Society established their doctrines as timeless, unchanging, based completely upon God’s word, then you could read it, understand it – and go from there. You’d learn how to operate within it. But if things change just a little, just a little… then you’re always needing the Watchtower society to instruct you, teach you, control you. And you STOP thinking.
THINK! Is this the Gospel? Is this the good news of the Lord Jesus Christ?
Prove me wrong. Request copies of back issues of the Watchtower Society’s magazines and publications. All of them. Find out if you can even get them in digital format for your computer, that way there’s no cost to the Society. I’m sure if they are the only light we must use to interpret Scripture by, why, someone must have digitally scanned them, right? The same way the Finished Mystery was scanned digitally. Maybe they even have a 4-volume DVD rom set of all of them!!!
“Well, it would take a multiple DVD Rom set.”
Reply with these words: “Okay. When will they be delivered?”
You should receive your back issues right about the same time you get your hardcover of “The Finished Mystery“. Roughly, never.
Test me on this. Ask them. Why, you can have them shipped to the Kingdom Hall you go to – that way they can help and edify the entire local congregation!
They won’t do it.
Ask yourself why.
- Jehovah’s Witnesses Answered 1 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- Jehovah’s Witnessese Answered 3 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- Jehovah’s Witnesses Answered 5 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- Jehovah’s Witnesses Answered 4 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- Jehovah’s Witnesses Answered 8 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- Jehovah’s Witnesses Examined 11 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- Jehovah’s Witnesses Answered 12 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- Jehovah’s Witnesses Answered 13 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- Jehovah’s Witnesses Answered 10 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- Jehovah’s Witnesses Answered 6 – Hell (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)