So far we’ve established:
- Jehovah’s Witnesses are not Christians, as two of the cardinal doctrines of Christianity include the Godhood of Jesus Christ and the Trinity.
- The translators of the New World Translation were not “experienced, anointed Christians” as the Watchtower Society claims – but rather untrained, inexperienced Jehovah’s Witnesses
- It would take doctorate degrees in Greek and Hebrew to be qualified to translate the Bible
- According to Ray Franz, only one of the Translators knew any Greek, and no Hebrew
- There is no good reason to withhold the list of the translators of the NWT, and suggest the Watchtower Society has something to hide by concealing the names of the translators.
- Fred Franz, who served on the translating committee of the NWT, was incapable of recognizing a single Hebrew word in court, or even a single Hebrew letter – after claiming under oath he knew both Koine Greek and Hebrew.
- The JW’s rely on the United Bible Society text and Kittel’s BHS Hebrew – for what, I don’t know, since their translators don’t know any Hebrew or Greek
- The oldest Greek texts are actually the Textus Receptus, not the Wescott-Hort The majority of the oldest forms of the manuscripts are actually Textus Receptus
- The earliest of church fathers, living in the time of the apostles until AD 130 all quoted from the Textus Receptus.
- If Vaticanus or Sinaiticus were truly the original Greek, then they wouldn’t quote words or verses that those manuscripts leave out
- The NWT has major inconsistancies compared with the Textus Receptus
- The NWT revealed its bias against the Godhood of the Lord Jesus Christ by forgetting to twist a verse that shows the Lord Jesus Christ willingly received worship, and that some worship Him in vain (Matt. 15:9)
- The usage of “Sheol” in the Old Testament in context means “The abode of the dead”
- Sheol contained both Abraham’s Bosom (Paradise) and Hell, with a great gulf fixed between
- Both the Old and New Testament say that Hell is a place of fire, perpetual torment and burning
- a Grave is cool, and does not torment or burn.
- Luke 16 is a record of fact, and not a parable
- names are never mentioned in parables, but Luke 16 names Abraham and Lazarus
- The rich man in Luke 16 is not named because obviously we don’t need to know who it is.
- Almost every verse in the Bible on Hell is speaking of a literal place of torment and suffering.
- The Lord Jesus Christ is not an Angel
- Angels Are Created beings, hence the terms “sons of God”
- Jesus Christ is eternally God, therefore not a created being, therefore cannto be an Angel.
- The term “Son of God” refers to the relationship between God the Father and God the Son.
- Angels do not permit human beings to worship them – only Fallen angels encourage this.
- The Lord Jesus Christ obviously is not an Angel as He permitted people to worship Him.
- The Lord Jesus Christ stated many times that He was the only way to salvation
- There is no such thing as a small g god in the Bible – only God.
- The Lord Jesus Christ has always existed as God the Son
- Unless you accept and confess that the Lord Jesus Christ is God, you will be condemned to hellfire and eternal suffering forever.
- Salvation By Grace is available to all, according to the Bible
- The Trinity is a Biblical doctrine
- There is no proof the “144,000” were physically descended from Israel
- the British Israelite theory does not account for descent from individual tribes such as Gad, Asher, Benjamin, Issachar, etc.
- The 144,000 must come after the 5th seal. The 144,000 of the Jehovah’s Witnesses come almost a century before the Tribulation.
- It has been more than seven years after member #144,000 joined the Watchtower Society.
- The tribulation must end 7 years after it begins.
- The Temple in Jerusalem has not been rebuilt
- There’s nothing in the Bible about only the 144,000 are saved by grace or may partake of the Lord’s Supper
- The 144,000 must all be male
- The 144,000 must all be virgins. We have no information that the 144,000 Jehovah’s witnesses are all virgins.
- Elijah and Moses must appear in the Tribulation at the same time as the 144,000. Moses and Elijah apparently are quite delayed, as it’s 99 years later and they’ve never shown up.
- Soul Sleep is not Biblical
- The Bible makes a distinction between the soul and the body in death
- We must read all verses on a doctrine to get the correct understanding of the doctrine
- The Bible portrays the souls of the dead aware, speaking, praising God, and the souls of the unsaved pleading, weeping, begging, in torment
- Charles Taze Russell adopted the unbiblcal doctrine of Soul Sleep from Seventh Day Adventists, and from the teachings of Ellen G. White
- The return of the Lord will be visible. Every eye will see Him return in power.
- The Bible does not speak of an investigative judgment. The concept is an unBiblical doctrine.
- God’s Chosen organization is the local church, not the Watchtower Society
- There is nothing in the Bible referring to a select few within a multi-church organization running that organization
Now, for some uncomfortable questions. These questions MUST be answered.
Where in the Bible, God’s inspired preserved word, does it say that Christ would return invisibly?
Where in the Bible, God’s inspired preserved word, does it say that the Lord Jesus Christ would perform an investigative judgment, reading the doctrinal positions of all denominations, and would choose which was “the faithful servant”?
Doesn’t the Bible itself say that Christ Himself, God in the flesh, is Himself the faithful servant?
Here’s the biggest question –
If the Lord Jesus Christ read a book that He felt was perfect, wouldn’t that be the equivalent of the Bible?
If such a book existed, why doesn’t the Bible itself command us to look for it?
If such a book existed, shouldn’t we ALL have it?
What book is it?
According to the Watchtower Bible Society of Jehovah’s Witnesses, it is The Finished Mystery, by Charles Taze Russell, edited by Joseph Rutherford.
Shouldn’t you have a copy of it? Shouldn’t you be offering to give away copies of that book so that we can all see what it was that so impressed the Lord Jesus Christ?
Why don’t you have a copy of it?
I think these are important questions, don’t you?
Why does the Watchtower Society not permit you to own a copy of the Finished Mystery, the book so perfect that Christ determined the Watchtower Society was “God’s faithful witness on this earth”?
“We’ve never been told we cannot have a copy of one.”
Okay. Ask for one. See if you can have one delivered to your local Kingdom Hall.
I think everyone there should spend some time studying it together, don’t you? If this book is so perfect that it now is second only to the Bible, and “the Lord Jesus Christ chose it over all the other religious books”, then we should all spend some time reading it and studying it!
Let me suggest a hypothesis. I think the Watchtower Society doesn’t insist you have a copy because it’s forbidden to you. Why is it forbidden to you? Because neither Charles Taze Russell nor Attorney Rutherford had the least idea about theology. They were good at trying to suggest alternate doctrines, at perverting the plain sense of the Bible into something that required someone to epxlain it – but to sit and write a systemized doctrinal theology was completely beyond them, because they couldn’t understand the Bible. Why? Neither were saved.
The truth is, The Finished Mystery is an embarassment to the Watchtower Society. It is full of speculation, and obvious mis-readings of the Scriptures. Allegorizations abound, often twisted beyond recognition. And literally, if you and a cell group of other Jehovah’s Witnesses were to read it, you would all in short order get very uncomfortable by the obvious truth.
“We’re in a Cult. God help us. Everything we believe is a deliberate lie and distortion to keep us under control, enslave us, and get our money.”
I’ve got good news for you. In fact, I’ve been preaching it ever since you started reading these.
First, let me tell you how you can GET a copy of the Finished Mystery. This is not some book written by Christians. This was written, produced, and sold by the Watchtower Society. It was written and published by Charles Taze Russell. You are therefore permitted to read it, no matter what the Governing Body may tell you. Don’t they encourage, no, INSIST you read materials by the Watchtower Society??? Well, this is materials produced by the Watchtower Society.
If you want a bound hard copy (No, I don’t sell these – I found these links through about 120 seconds of searching on the internet. Yes, only took two minutes!), you can order one from JWBookstore for $30. You can also find the original edition for free download on Archive.org.
These aren’t forgeries. These are actual reproductions of it, made from digital scans of the original edition.
Next, let me assure you of what I’ve been saying on the other posts. God loves you. He really does. And He wants you to have eternal life. Don’t put this off. You do not have assurance of another tomorrow. Understand that the Lord Jesus Christ is God in Human Flesh, otherwise the concept of propitiatory atonement makes no sense. Understand that the Holy Spirit is God, and is ready to come and live inside of you.
But you must repent first. You must confess you are a sinner, deserving of nothing but Hell. And “Ye must be born again.” Ask the Lord Jesus Christ to forgive you and save you.
“Those who call upon the name of the Lord will be saved.”