So far we’ve established:
- Jehovah’s Witnesses are not Christians, as two of the cardinal doctrines of Christianity include the Godhood of Jesus Christ and the Trinity.
- The translators of the New World Translation were not “experienced, anointed Christians” as the Watchtower Society claims – but rather untrained, inexperienced Jehovah’s Witnesses
- It would take doctorate degrees in Greek and Hebrew to be qualified to translate the Bible
- According to Ray Franz, only one of the Translators knew any Greek, and no Hebrew
- There is no good reason to withhold the list of the translators of the NWT, and suggest the Watchtower Society has something to hide by concealing the names of the translators.
- Fred Franz, who served on the translating committee of the NWT, was incapable of recognizing a single Hebrew word in court, or even a single Hebrew letter – after claiming under oath he knew both Koine Greek and Hebrew.
- The JW’s rely on the United Bible Society text and Kittel’s BHS Hebrew – for what, I don’t know, since their translators don’t know any Hebrew or Greek
- The oldest Greek texts are actually the Textus Receptus, not the Wescott-Hort The majority of the oldest forms of the manuscripts are actually Textus Receptus
- The earliest of church fathers, living in the time of the apostles until AD 130 all quoted from the Textus Receptus.
- If Vaticanus or Sinaiticus were truly the original Greek, then they wouldn’t quote words or verses that those manuscripts leave out
- The NWT has major inconsistancies compared with the Textus Receptus
- The NWT revealed its bias against the Godhood of the Lord Jesus Christ by forgetting to twist a verse that shows the Lord Jesus Christ willingly received worship, and that some worship Him in vain (Matt. 15:9)
- The usage of “Sheol” in the Old Testament in context means “The abode of the dead”
- Sheol contained both Abraham’s Bosom (Paradise) and Hell, with a great gulf fixed between
- Both the Old and New Testament say that Hell is a place of fire, perpetual torment and burning
- a Grave is cool, and does not torment or burn.
- Luke 16 is a record of fact, and not a parable
- names are never mentioned in parables, but Luke 16 names Abraham and Lazarus
- The rich man in Luke 16 is not named because obviously we don’t need to know who it is.
- Almost every verse in the Bible on Hell is speaking of a literal place of torment and suffering.
- The Lord Jesus Christ is not an Angel
- Angels Are Created beings, hence the terms “sons of God”
- Jesus Christ is eternally God, therefore not a created being, therefore cannto be an Angel.
- The term “Son of God” refers to the relationship between God the Father and God the Son.
- Angels do not permit human beings to worship them – only Fallen angels encourage this.
- The Lord Jesus Christ obviously is not an Angel as He permitted people to worship Him.
- The Lord Jesus Christ stated many times that He was the only way to salvation
- There is no such thing as a small g god in the Bible – only God.
- The Lord Jesus Christ has always existed as God the Son
- Unless you accept and confess that the Lord Jesus Christ is God, you will be condemned to hellfire and eternal suffering forever.
- Salvation By Grace is available to all, according to the Bible
- The Trinity is a Biblical doctrine
- There is no proof the “144,000” were physically descended from Israel
- the British Israelite theory does not account for descent from individual tribes such as Gad, Asher, Benjamin, Issachar, etc.
- The 144,000 must come after the 5th seal. The 144,000 of the Jehovah’s Witnesses come almost a century before the Tribulation.
- It has been more than seven years after member #144,000 joined the Watchtower Society.
- The tribulation must end 7 years after it begins.
- The Temple in Jerusalem has not been rebuilt
- There’s nothing in the Bible about only the 144,000 are saved by grace or may partake of the Lord’s Supper
- The 144,000 must all be male
- The 144,000 must all be virgins. We have no information that the 144,000 Jehovah’s witnesses are all virgins.
- Elijah and Moses must appear in the Tribulation at the same time as the 144,000. Moses and Elijah apparently are quite delayed, as it’s 99 years later and they’ve never shown up.
- Soul Sleep is not Biblical
- The Bible makes a distinction between the soul and the body in death
- We must read all verses on a doctrine to get the correct understanding of the doctrine
- The Bible portrays the souls of the dead aware, speaking, praising God, and the souls of the unsaved pleading, weeping, begging, in torment
- Charles Taze Russell adopted the unbiblcal doctrine of Soul Sleep from Seventh Day Adventists, and from the teachings of Ellen G. White
- The return of the Lord will be visible. Every eye will see Him return in power.
- The Bible does not speak of an investigative judgment. The concept is an unBiblical doctrine.
Let’s look at all the verses on God’ chosen organization.
Done. There aren’t any. Again, like the Investigative Judgment, there is absolutely no Bibilical support for it.
If anything can be called God’s chosen organization, it would be the local church.
15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth. 1 Timothy 3:15 (KJV)
This is the direct opposite of what the Watchtower Society teaches. The Watchtower Society teaches not only that there is no Trinity, and that Jesus Christ is not God – thus condemning you to Hell – but they deny you the ability to find the truth for yourself, by preventing you from reading the Bible for yourself without any Watchtower Society publications, by preventing you from attending any church, and calling it “babylon”. Matter of fact, they heap disdain, scorn and even slander upon any Jehovah’s Witness that discovers the truth and repents, getting saved, by labeling them “Mentally ill.”
I label anyone who leaves the Watchtower Society and accepts the Lord Jesus Christ, and repents and is born again, as “brother.” Now, I was never a Jehovah’s Witness. But I am a saved, redeemed Christian. Anyone who accepts the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, repents, and is born again, is my brother. I may have to separate from them if they follow incorrect doctrine, but they remain my brother.
Alas, the Watchtower society teaches damnable heresies, that condemn its followers to Hell. This is a horrible tragedy. That’s why I’m writing this. Not to condemn you (the doctrines of the Watchtower Society do that well enough), but in hopes that I might “save some”.
- Jehovah’s Witnesses Answered 1 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- Jehovah’s Witnesses Answered 4 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- Jehovah’s Witnessese Answered 3 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- Jehovah’s Witnesses Answered 5 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- Jehovah’s Witnesses Answered 10 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- Jehovah’s Witnesses Examined 11 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- Jehovah’s Witnesses Answered 7 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- Jehovah’s Witnesses Answered 6 – Hell (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- Jehovah’s Witnesses Answered 7 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- Jehovah’s Witnesses Answered 9 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)