So far we’ve established:
- Jehovah’s Witnesses are not Christians, as two of the cardinal doctrines of Christianity include the Godhood of Jesus Christ and the Trinity.
- The translators of the New World Translation were not “experienced, anointed Christians” as the Watchtower Society claims – but rather untrained, inexperienced Jehovah’s Witnesses
- It would take doctorate degrees in Greek and Hebrew to be qualified to translate the Bible
- According to Ray Franz, only one of the Translators knew any Greek, and no Hebrew
- There is no good reason to withhold the list of the translators of the NWT, and suggest the Watchtower Society has something to hide by concealing the names of the translators.
- Fred Franz, who served on the translating committee of the NWT, was incapable of recognizing a single Hebrew word in court, or even a single Hebrew letter – after claiming under oath he knew both Koine Greek and Hebrew.
- The JW’s rely on the United Bible Society text and Kittel’s BHS Hebrew – for what, I don’t know, since their translators don’t know any Hebrew or Greek
- The oldest Greek texts are actually the Textus Receptus, not the Wescott-Hort The majority of the oldest forms of the manuscripts are actually Textus Receptus
- The earliest of church fathers, living in the time of the apostles until AD 130 all quoted from the Textus Receptus.
- If Vaticanus or Sinaiticus were truly the original Greek, then they wouldn’t quote words or verses that those manuscripts leave out
- The NWT has major inconsistancies compared with the Textus Receptus
- The NWT revealed its bias against the Godhood of the Lord Jesus Christ by forgetting to twist a verse that shows the Lord Jesus Christ willingly received worship, and that some worship Him in vain (Matt. 15:9)
- The usage of “Sheol” in the Old Testament in context means “The abode of the dead”
- Sheol contained both Abraham’s Bosom (Paradise) and Hell, with a great gulf fixed between
- Both the Old and New Testament say that Hell is a place of fire, perpetual torment and burning
- a Grave is cool, and does not torment or burn.
- Luke 16 is a record of fact, and not a parable
- names are never mentioned in parables, but Luke 16 names Abraham and Lazarus
- The rich man in Luke 16 is not named because obviously we don’t need to know who it is.
- Almost every verse in the Bible on Hell is speaking of a literal place of torment and suffering.
- The Lord Jesus Christ is not an Angel
- Angels Are Created beings, hence the terms “sons of God”
- Jesus Christ is eternally God, therefore not a created being, therefore cannto be an Angel.
- The term “Son of God” refers to the relationship between God the Father and God the Son.
- Angels do not permit human beings to worship them – only Fallen angels encourage this.
- The Lord Jesus Christ obviously is not an Angel as He permitted people to worship Him.
- The Lord Jesus Christ stated many times that He was the only way to salvation
- There is no such thing as a small g god in the Bible – only God.
- The Lord Jesus Christ has always existed as God the Son
- Unless you accept and confess that the Lord Jesus Christ is God, you will be condemned to hellfire and eternal suffering forever.
Salvation. Is it, according to the Bible, a product of your works, a product of living a holy life… or is it a product of grace, the free gift once for all of God, brought about by faith and repentance?
50 And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace. Luke 7:50 (KJV)
42 And Jesus said unto him, Receive thy sight: thy faith hath saved thee. Luke 18:42 (KJV)
11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they. Acts 15:11 (KJV)
24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Romans 3:24 (KJV)
28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. 29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also: 30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith. Romans 3:28-30 (KJV)
5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. Romans 4:5 (KJV)
16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all, Romans 4:16 (KJV)
1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: Romans 5:1 (KJV)
30 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith. Romans 9:30 (KJV)
4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth. Romans 10:4 (KJV)
6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work. Romans 11:6 (KJV)
16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. Galatians 2:16 (KJV)
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain. Galatians 2:21 (KJV)
5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness. Galatians 3:5-6 (KJV)
24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. Galatians 3:24 (KJV)
13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Ephesians 1:13 (KJV)
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9 (KJV)
9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: Philippians 3:9 (KJV)
15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 2 Timothy 3:15 (KJV)
There’s a major issue with salvation as taught by the Watchtower society. They agree with the Bible, which is excellent! – but only as regards to the 144,000. Uh…. that’s incorrect. The Bible clearly states “Whosoever believeth”
32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. Matthew 10:32 (KJV)
33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. Matthew 10:33 (KJV)
6 And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me. Matthew 11:6 (KJV)
23 And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me. Luke 7:23 (KJV)
8 Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God: Luke 12:8 (KJV)
10 And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven. Luke 12:10 (KJV)
15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. John 3:15 (KJV)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16 (KJV)
14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. John 4:14 (KJV)
26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? John 11:26 (KJV)
46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness. John 12:46 (KJV)
21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. Acts 2:21 (KJV)
43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins. Acts 10:43 (KJV)
11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. Romans 10:11 (KJV)
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Romans 10:13 (KJV)
23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also. 1 John 2:23 (KJV)
15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God. 1 John 4:15 (KJV)
1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. 1 John 5:1 (KJV)
17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. Revelation 22:17 (KJV)
These same verses refute Calvinism as well – but I’ll deal with Calvinism eventually.
One cannot read these verses and see anything about the 144,000. It says, “Whosoever…”. This is a fundamental doctrine – Christ died to save all men from their sins. Not just the 144,000! Not just the elect! If you believeth… you ARE the elect!
The elect is the position of anyone who becomes saved – the office of, if you will.
If you acknowledge that Jesus is God, and repent, asking Him to save you, you too will be one of the elect. Not one of the 144,000. i’ll deal with that in the next blog post.
- Jehovah’s Witnesses Answered 5 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- Jehovah’s Witnesses Answered 4 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- Hell (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- Jehovah’s Witnesses Answered 2 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- Jehovah’s Witnessese Answered 3 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- The Jehovah’s Witness view of Salvation – by Jason Wright (watchtowerinvestigated.co.uk)
- Where Did we get so many false teachers and teachings from??? (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- What Does The Bible Really Teach? – Chapter 18 Review (watchtowerinvestigated.co.uk)