So far we’ve established:
- Jehovah’s Witnesses are not Christians, as two of the cardinal doctrines of Christianity include the Godhood of Jesus Christ and the Trinity.
- The translators of the New World Translation were not “experienced, anointed Christians” as the Watchtower Society claims – but rather untrained, inexperienced Jehovah’s Witnesses
- It would take doctorate degrees in Greek and Hebrew to be qualified to translate the Bible
- According to Ray Franz, only one of the Translators knew any Greek, and no Hebrew
- There is no good reason to withhold the list of the translators of the NWT, and suggest the Watchtower Society has something to hide by concealing the names of the translators.
- Fred Franz, who served on the translating committee of the NWT, was incapable of recognizing a single Hebrew word in court, or even a single Hebrew letter – after claiming under oath he knew both Koine Greek and Hebrew.
- The JW’s rely on the United Bible Society text and Kittel’s BHS Hebrew – for what, I don’t know, since their translators don’t know any Hebrew or Greek
- The oldest Greek texts are actually the Textus Receptus, not the Wescott-Hort The majority of the oldest forms of the manuscripts are actually Textus Receptus
- The earliest of church fathers, living in the time of the apostles until AD 130 all quoted from the Textus Receptus.
- If Vaticanus or Sinaiticus were truly the original Greek, then they wouldn’t quote words or verses that those manuscripts leave out
- The NWT has major inconsistancies compared with the Textus Receptus
- The NWT revealed its bias against the Godhood of the Lord Jesus Christ by forgetting to twist a verse that shows the Lord Jesus Christ willingly received worship, and that some worship Him in vain (Matt. 15:9)
We continue today, this time beginning to examine major errors in JW doctrine. I would like to emphasize that I harbor no ill will against JW’s, but rather am trying to free you from an organization that lies to you and holds you in bondage.
We’re going to detour a moment, now that I’ve dealt with the issue of the NWT and raised serious doubts about its accuracy.
Let’s talk about Hell. Jehovah’s Witnesses like to debunk Hell. Go ahead, think you’ve disproved it. Tell me at the Great White Throne Judgment how that worked out for you.
If you’re right, I have nothing to worry about. I’ll just die.
If you’re wrong, then you have EVERYTHING to lose. How many members of the Jehovah’s Witnesses have already discovered this fact, to their eternal dismay and horror? Hell is real.
22 For a fire is kindled in mine anger, and shall burn unto the lowest hell, and shall consume the earth with her increase, and set on fire the foundations of the mountains. Deuteronomy 32:22 (KJV)
I know, JW’s are fond of quoting that Hell in Hebrew is Sheol. Good. You know one Hebrew word. Keep going, you’ve got at least 8,000 more to learn so you can read the Bible in its original language.
Now, a lot of people keep telling me that Sheol is “grave”. Yes, in one sense it means that. It really means “Abode of the dead.” In the Gospels, we see that originally “paradise” or “Abraham’s Bosom” was right next to Hell, divided by a “Great gulf fixed”, that one could not cross to rescue the others, or that those in torment could not cross back to get away from the eternal suffering.
19 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: 20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, 21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man’s table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. 22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham’s bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; 23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. 24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. 25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. 26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence. 27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father’s house: 28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. 29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. 30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. 31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead. Luke 16:19-31 (KJV)
This is what we call a “Bottom line” issue. The Bible says it, there you go. The Bible describes Hell as “Burning”. The Rich man in Luke 16 is in flames, burning, and not dissapearing. So “Annhilation” is not a Biblical concept. Neither is “soul Sleep”. Abraham and Lazarus and the Rich Man seem pretty aware. The rich man is in so much agony that he begs even for a fingertip’s worth of water. Hell is described as Torment.
Is a grave, cold earth with a box in it, burning? Does it heat? Do you crave water from laying inside a box that’s inside cool earth? Do dead men who’s souls supposedly have ceased to be aware cry out in torment? The obvious answer ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES is “No.”
This is how you reconcile the fact that in the Old Testament both the righteous and unrighteous talk of going to “sheol”, the abode of the Dead. The Righteous went to Abraham’s Bosom, the unrighteous went to Hell. Abraham’s bosom was cleaned out after the Cross, and the Lord brought them to heaven with him. Now, there is only Hell, which enlarges itself daily to meet the swarm of sinners who tumble into it at a rate of around 1.2 per second or so. Roughly 143,000 people a day discover its reality.
As I’ve said elsewhere, it’s very easy to determine if Hell is real. Simply die unSaved and let me know at the Great White Throne Judgment how it worked for you.
Here’s another question. You say you’re saved. Saved from what? If there’s no Hell, and if your soul ceases to exist at death, what do you need saving for?
The Watchtower Society is right on one thing. Jehovahs Witnesses will not go to heaven, but will remain on earth until the ressurection of the dead. Then will go on for eternity on the earth. Well, rather, in it. But it won’t be paradise.
It will be Hell, because you deny that Jesus Christ is He. You say he’s Michael, an Angel, but not God. That’s wrong. The Lord Jesus Christ is God in human flesh, Emmanuel, one third of the Trinity, eternally God the Son.
You say that’s blasphemy. I say that’s the clear, honest, open reading of the Bible. I say that Jesus Christ is He. You say He is not He, but it, a created being. You juggle words to deny it, but that’s reality.
According to the Bible, if you do not believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is He, you will die in your sins.
24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins. John 8:24 (KJV)
If you are still in your sins, where does the Bible – not the Watchtower society – say you will go when you die? Forget the preconditioned responses and mental word substitutions. We’ve already proved that the JW assertion that “Hell” is the “grave” is incorrect. It was phenomenally easy to do.
I can, if you’d like, exegete every one of the references to Hell. But I think the two references we have are enough to prove the point.
I knoiw, the classic objection is, “Luke 16 is a parable, and not literal!”
How do you determine this? The Lord does not say its a parable. The other ones he does. He names Lazarus and Abraham. In the parables of the sower, the ten virgins, the Good Samaritan, etc – He never names names. Here He names names. Lazarus and Abraham. the Rich man alone is not named. Who is he? We don’t need to know. The Lord would have told us if we needed to know.
One who departs from the established opinion and interpretation has the burden of proof on them, not the other way around. JW’s have contended this for a century, and still not convinced. I am firmly convinced of hell.
And you, my JW friend, are too. When you lie there awake at night before going to bed, and that moment of passing fear grips you – “what if we’re wrong?”
You are. Yes, the Watchtower society is lying to you. But that will be no defense on Judgment Day. And I doubt it will be any comfort to see so many JW’s there with you, or Attorney Rutherford, or Charles Taze Russell, or Mr. Knorr, and whoever has it now. It will be a time of fear, tears, repentence – and all too late.
Save yourself NOW! You know I’m right, in your heart. Repent, and accept the Lord Jesus Christ as your personal saviour, NOW.
Before it’s too late.
- Jehovah’s Witnesses Answered 1 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- Jehovah’s Witnesses Answered 2 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- Jehovah’s Witnessese Answered 3 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- Questions that Jehovah’s Witnesses do not like to be asked. (christianspooksite.wordpress.com)
- Have you been “witnessed to”, taught doctrine, or indoctrinated? (jlue.wordpress.com)