So far we’ve established…
- Speaking in tongues is a sign to those who do not believe
- Biblically, “tongues” refers to languages
- There were only three cases of speaking in tongues in the Book of Acts: 2:4-11, 10:44-48, and 19:1-8
- All three instances of speaking in tongues, Apostles were present, and Jews were present. In all three cases, unbelieving Jews were in the vicinity to witness.
- speaking in an unknown tongue probably refers to speaking in Hebrew, according to two commentators (Adam Clarke and Charles Hodge)
- Speaking in tongues must be done one at a time.
- there must be no more than three people per service speaking in tongues.
- Someone must be there that understands that language to interpret.
- There must be no more than three people to preach at any service.
- women may not preach or speak in tongues.
- The sign gifts can be demonstrated departing somewhere around 60AD.
- Paul was unable to heal three of his friends of sicknesses, one of them sick near to death.
- Prophecy has demonstrably passed away
- Many false and pagan religions speak in modern tongues
- Modern Tongues has too small a vocabulary to be a real language
- Modern tongues lacks the grammar structure to be a real language.
- Modern Tongues have been studied by language experts and declared not a real language.
- Modern tongues have been described as essentially the same as pagan speaking in tongues
- supposed “raisings from the dead” are apparently unverifiable – nobody is forthcoming with the names, or even the persons themselves.
- claims of amputees being healed also are unverifiable.
- serious birth defects apparently cannot be healed by these faith healers.
- Most Pentecostal healings amount to back pains and headaches, and have the healing powers of aspirin
- The tongues movement originates from the Shiloh group in Durham/Lisbon Falls Maine and Frank Sandford.
- Death, disease and suffering clung to all of the originators of the movement, whether themselves or their immediate followers.
- The god of the Word Faith movement does not have all power and all knowledge, and therefore is not the God of the Bible
- the god of the Word Faith movement has faith in something other than himself, and is not the God of the Bible
- Most Word Faith teachers deny either the Trinity or the Godhood of the Lord Jesus Christ
- Word Faith doctrines originate in New Thought, Theosophy, Mormonism, Christian Science, and Swedenborgianism
- Anyone denying the use of heresy when teaching some questionable teaching is in fact teaching the heresy they deny teaching!
- The redemption was finished on the cross
- the blood of the thieves could not have atoned for our sins
- Jesus did not go into Hell, but rather took those in Abraham’s bosom to heaven.
- The Spiritual Death of Jesus doctrine is Blasphemy
- The Lord Jesus Christ cannot cease to be God, or He was not God in the first place
- We are human beings, not gods.
- we cannot ever be gods
- We are created beings
- The Lord Jesus Christ is not a created being, but existed eternally with the Father.
- The Lord Jesus Christ is not a sinner, and never sinned.
- The penalty of our sins fell upon the Lord, not our actual sin
- The Lord Jesus Christ became a sin offering, not a sinner.
- As such, the Lord Jesus Christ did not need to be born again.
- To say the Lord Jesus Christ was “the first born again man” is a blasphemy, and is a denial of Jesus Christ.
- Satan and his devils are on earth and walking in heaven… not in Hell, as the Word Faith teachers teach.
- we cannot order God to do anything.
- If your god is someone you can order like a genie from a lamp, then he’s not the God of the Bible, but either a figment of your imagination or a devil.
- All Word Faith teachers add to the Word of God, through prophecies, and through the claim to direct divine knowledge that supersedes or surpasses the Bible because “God told me” or “God told Kenneth Hagin..” or “God told Kenneth Copeland.”
Word faith is based upon this doctrine, which I’m going to boil down into a nutshell.
God desired to reproduce Himself on this earth, creating Adam. As Adam is described as the son of God in the Gospels, he therefore was a god. We therefore as sons of Adam, are gods as well. Well, when Adam sinned in the garden, he gave away his godhood to Satan, who then became the god of this world.
Since we are gods, our words have creative power. We can speak death and life with our words – once we’re born again. In order for us to regain our godhood, the Lord Jesus Christ died and went into hell, dying spiritually and becoming sin. He was born again, and exhibited the power we should have as born again believers.
When we’re born again, we get our godhood back. And we’re little gods again.
See how this anti-gospel is based upon US??? This is a completely man centered doctrine.
So, what do we call this practice of speaking words in a certain manner or with certain words, and things magically happening when we speak these formulas? Or ordering spiritual entities to perform tasks for us?
What do we call “speaking faith”, or “Commanding god or the angels” to do certain things?
Strip all of the Bible buzzwords from it. Ignore the Bible verses. What do you have? Witchcraft. The casting of spells. The ordering of a spirit to possess a body (ordering the “Holy spirit” to possess someone) is possession. If, as we’ve demonstrated, it is not Jesus of the bible, it is not God, nor is it the Holy Spirit. THen who is it we’re ordering to possess someone and grant them powers of… babbling nonsense, a non-Biblical speaking in tongues?
People, what are we DOING??? Why is not all of Christianity rising up against this abomination?
“As a believer, you have a right to make commands in the name of Jesus. Each time you stand on the Word, you are commanding God to a certain extent because it is His Word.” (Kenneth Copeland, Our Covenant with God, KCP Publications, 1987, p. 32)
26 Ye shall not eat any thing with the blood: neither shall ye use enchantment, nor observe times. Leviticus 19:26 (KJV)
At one time we were holding some special meetings and I was out distributing bills. I went into a shoemaker’s store and there was a man with a green shade over his eyes and also a cloth. My heart looked up to the Lord and I had the witness within that He was ready to change any condition. The man was crying, “Oh! Oh!! Oh!!!” I asked, “What’s the trouble?” He said he was suffering with great inflammation and burning. — Faith That Prevails, Smith Wigglesworth (1938)
31 Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your God. Leviticus 19:31 (KJV)
“We need to realize that when God tells us to believe that we receive what we pray for, it is because what we are praying for is already in existence in the spirit world. Our believing we receive what we pray for causes that thing to come out of the spirit world into this physical world. I like to refer to this as the duality of existence. Everything exists in two forms — first of all in spirit form, then in physical manifestation form. It is faith that makes the transfer from the spirit world into the physical world. Your healing is there, your new home is there, your new car is there, peace is there, and deliverance for your children is there. But you have to reach out into that spirit world and claim your Covenant by saying, “In the name of Jesus, I believe that I receive it.” Maintain that confession, keep standing by faith on God’s Word, and the thing you are believing for will come to pass in your life.” (“Apostle” Frederick K. C. Price, “Have Confidence In God,” Weekly Message June 27-July 1, 2005.
6 And the soul that turneth after such as have familiar spirits, and after wizards, to go a whoring after them, I will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people. 7 Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy: for I am the LORD your God. Leviticus 20:6-7 (KJV)
“God, we proclaim death to anything or anyone that will lift a hand against this network and this ministry that belongs to You, God. It is Your work, it is Your idea, it is Your property, it is Your airwaves, it is Your world, and we proclaim death to anything that would stand in the way of God’s great voice of proclamation to the whole world. In the Name of Jesus, and all the people said Amen!” (Paul Crouch, TBN, 11/7/97)
9 When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations. 10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch, 11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. 12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee. 13 Thou shalt be perfect with the LORD thy God. 14 For these nations, which thou shalt possess, hearkened unto observers of times, and unto diviners: but as for thee, the LORD thy God hath not suffered thee so to do. Deuteronomy 18:9-14 (KJV)
“I felt a terrific anointing … I was shaking all over … trembling under the power of God … `Dear God,’ I said, `I feel the anointing.’ … I believe the anointing has lingered over Aimee’s body.” (Benny Hinn, April 7, 1991 sermon, speaking of visiting Aimee Semple McPherson’s grave)
10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch, 11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. Deuteronomy 18:10-11 (KJV)
Why isn’t anyone questioning these things?
- The Word Faith Movement Examined 15 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- The Word Faith Movement Examined 17 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- The Word Faith Movement Examined 16 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- The Word Faith Movement Examined 18 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- The Word Faith Movement Examined 3 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- Where Did we get so many false teachers and teachings from??? (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- The Word Faith Movement Answered 2 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- The Word Faith Movement Examined 5 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)
- The Word Faith Movement Examined 4 (matthew714ministries.wordpress.com)